You can donate to Masizakhe in many ways, once-off or monthly. Please take a look at the different options on our Donations page.
Masizakhe was a beneficiary of the Shoebox of Love project run by Operation Shoebox for the first time in 2017. We were beneficiaries again in 2018, where we had a specific link to our school so that our sponsors could pledge boxes specifically for our children. Click here for pictures of the 2018 Shoeboxes of Love.
We have started a backabuddy fund for teachers’ salaries. Read more about this, and make a donation at
The school uses the following on a monthly basis. Any donations of these items are very welcome, and we have drop off points in Milnerton and Claremont. Please contact Candi to arrange to drop off donations.
- 5x 10kg bags Maize Meal (white star)
- 5x 10kg bags Rice
- 2 bulk packs of spaghetti
- 6x 2L sunflower cooking oil
- 6x 1L fat spread
- 4x 10kg bags of Sugar
- 3x 10kg bags of bread flour
- 4x 10-pack of split peas
- 4x 10-pack speckled beans
- 4x 10kg bags samp
- 10x 10-pack soya mince soup
- 2x 10-pack 2kg Morvite cereal
- 48 jars of peanut butter
- 5L dishwashing liquid
- 1.44kg beef stock
- 10x 2kg jungle oats
- Wheat Bix Box
- 2x 2kg washing powder
- 1.5kg coffee
- Rooibos tea
- 2 Ellis brown powdered milk
In addition to the above food items, the following is always welcome (new or second hand):
- children’s clothing (age 6 months to 6 years for the kids at the school, or for older children to be distributed in the community)
- adult clothing to be distributed in the community
- toys suitable for children age 6 months to 6 years
- reading books (Xhosa or English) and colouring books for children age 6 months to 6 years
- any educational posters (posters of numbers and letters, or that will prompt the learning of new words) in Xhosa or English
- toiletries – childrens’ toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, facecloth, linen nappies
We accept donations by cash deposit, EFT, Zapper, Snapscan and Paypal. EFT (electronic fund transfer) is the best for us as we receive your full donation. Zapper and Snapscan deduct a small percentage, and the cash deposit fee is very high, so EFT is the preferred donation method. Paypal is best for our overseas supporters as you can donate in your own currency.